Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Zorba and the Stars!



Rehearsals are underway for the first Mufti of the fall season... and it's Kander, Ebb, and Stein's ZORBA!!!

I have always wanted to see this show, nominated for Best Musical during the 1969 Tony season. And now I get to.

...And with Emily Skinner and Jeff McCarthy and Beth Fowler!





(It's like a Side Show reunion with another fab Broadway veteran thrown in!)

The cast sounds absolutely phenomenal, but I can't wait to see the finished product this weekend. I have been blown away by the bits and pieces of rehearsal I've heard... this should be a big one, folks!

Emily Skinner singing the opening number...butter.

Jeff McCarthy's booming voice is reverberating through the hallways.

Robin DeJesus found a corner to work out his bits of comedy.

And Beth Fowler...I just don't know what to say. She's so damn classy!

Who's excited? I am!

No comments: